Sausage and Artichoke Ragout
Notes: Serve over soft-cooked polenta.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 433
- Calories from fat: 46%
- Protein: 23g
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 12g
- Sodium: 1275mg
- Cholesterol: 111mg
- About 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound cooked poultry sausages
- 1 onion (about 8 oz.), peeled and thinly slivered lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 2 cups chopped Roma tomatoes
- 3/4 to 1 cup drained pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Pour 1 tablespoon oil into a 10- to 12-inch ovenproof frying pan (with sides at least 2 1/2 in. tall) over high heat; when hot, add sausages and turn until browned all over, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a board. Slice on the diagonal 1/2 inch thick.
- 2. Meanwhile, add onion and garlic to pan (if no fat is left in pan, add a little more oil) and stir occasionally until they begin to brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Add wine, broth, and artichoke hearts; bring to a boil and stir occasionally until liquid is reduced by about half, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 3. Add sausages, tomatoes, olives, rosemary, and oregano; bring to a simmer, lower heat, and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes