Sausage & Artichoke Bolognese
Community Recipe from
- 1 1 12oz jar roasted red peppers
- 2 Large tomatoes Chopped
- 6 fresh garlic cloves Chopped
- 3/4 cup(s) Olives Chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) Fresh parsley Chopped
- 3 spear(s) Chicken Italian sausage Thawed
- 2 tablespoon(s) Olive oil
- 1 jar(s) Artichoke hearts in water Drained
- 3/4 cup(s) Sun dried tomato pesto
- 3/4 cup(s) Heavy cream
- 1/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese
- 16 ounce(s) Ziti pasta
- Prep: Bring water to boil for pasta.
- Chop peppers, tomatoes (2 cups), and garlic.
- Chop olives; set aside. Chop parsley; set aside.
- Remove sausage casing: cut almost in half lengthwise (butterfly); turn sausage
- over and peel casing away. Steps: Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add sausage; brown 5–6 minutes, stirring to crumble sausage, or until no pink remains. Cook and drain pasta following package instructions. Stir into sausage: garlic, peppers, tomatoes, artichokes, and pesto; cook 3–4 minutes or until heated. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in cream and olives; cook 2–3 minutes or until sauce reduces and thickens slightly.
- Stir parsley and pepper into sausage mixture. Top pasta with sauce and sprinkle with cheese; serve. (Makes 8 servings.)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Splendorio and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes