Sausage & Artichoke Bolognese
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1 12oz jar roasted red peppers
- 2 Large tomatoes Chopped
- 6 fresh garlic cloves Chopped
- 3/4 cup(s) Olives Chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) Fresh parsley Chopped
- 3 spear(s) Chicken Italian sausage Thawed
- 2 tablespoon(s) Olive oil
- 1 jar(s) Artichoke hearts in water Drained
- 3/4 cup(s) Sun dried tomato pesto
- 3/4 cup(s) Heavy cream
- 1/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese
- 16 ounce(s) Ziti pasta
- Prep: Bring water to boil for pasta.
- Chop peppers, tomatoes (2 cups), and garlic.
- Chop olives; set aside. Chop parsley; set aside.
- Remove sausage casing: cut almost in half lengthwise (butterfly); turn sausage
- over and peel casing away. Steps: Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add sausage; brown 5–6 minutes, stirring to crumble sausage, or until no pink remains. Cook and drain pasta following package instructions. Stir into sausage: garlic, peppers, tomatoes, artichokes, and pesto; cook 3–4 minutes or until heated. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in cream and olives; cook 2–3 minutes or until sauce reduces and thickens slightly.
- Stir parsley and pepper into sausage mixture. Top pasta with sauce and sprinkle with cheese; serve. (Makes 8 servings.)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Splendorio and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note