Very easy and delicious. I added a little jus from the turkey I was roasting.
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Lindsey Lower
Sausage-Apple Stuffing combines sweet Italian sausage, chopped fresh fennel, and apple with tangy sourdough for a classic Thanksgiving stuffing.
Yield: Serves 12
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 163
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Sodium: 345mg
- 2 1/2 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 2 eggs
- 12 ounces toasted sourdough bread cubes
- 4 ounces reduced-fat pork breakfast sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups coarsely chopped apple
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cooking spray
- 1. Combine chicken stock and eggs. Add toasted sourdough bread cubes.
- 2. Brown sausage in a skillet. Add olive oil to pan. Add apple, celery, and onion; cook 5 minutes or until tender. Add sausage mixture, parsley, thyme leaves, pepper, and kosher salt to bread mixture.
- 3. Bake stuffing at 350° for 45 minutes in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This