Sausage Apple Stuffing
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 package(s) bulk Italian chicken sausage
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 stalk(s) celery chopped
- 1 bunch(es) parsley chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple peeled, chopped
- 1 package(s) Pepperidge Farms herb stuffing
- 1 loaf(s) stuffing bread (half) thinly sliced, dried, and crumbled
- 2 package(s) Herb Ox
- 1 can(s) chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Bell's seasoning
- 2 tablespoon(s) applesauce
- Crumble and brown 2 packages bulk chicken sausage. Place in large mixing bowl. Saute 1 large chopped onion, 3 stalks celery, chopped, 1 bunch chopped parsley in 1 stick butter, until soft. During last few minutes of sauteing, add 1 peeled, chopped granny smith apple. Add sauteed veggies/apple to bowl.
- Add 1 package Pepperidge farms herb stuffing and half loaf crumbled white stuffing bread.
- Gradually add 1 can chicken broth while mixing to desired consistency. Add 1 tsp. salt/pepper, 2 packets Herb Ox (chicken bouillon), 1/2 tsp. Bell's seasoning, or to taste, and a couple T of applesauce to season. Put in bird, or else greased casserole dish and bake, covered, for an hour at 350, then bake uncovered for around 5 minutes until browned.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Mattyden and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sausage Apple Stuffing Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables