This is the first stuffing I have made where the seasoning wasnt already in the mix. I really enjoyed this, I used McCormick poultry seasoning. I think that a tart apple would work well also. Be sure to use good quality sausage though!
Community Recipe from
- 8 ounce(s) italian sausage
- 3 celery hearts diced
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) poultry seasoning
- 4 gala apples cored and chopped
- 1 cup(s) pecan halves toasted and chopped, optional
- 1 multigrain loaf, stale 1-inch cubes
- 2 cup(s) low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter softened
- 1. Preheat oven to 350.
- 2. Add sausage to preheated medium-high pan and cook, stirring until fat renders, about 4 minutes.
- 3. Immediately add celery, onion, and apples. Saute stirring occasionally until onions are translucent about 5-8 minutes. Stir in spices and remove from heat.
- 4. In large bowl toss together bread, pecans, hot sausage to blend.
- 5. Bring chicken broth to simmer in a small saucepan. Carefully pour half of broth over bread mixture, tossing to mix. Add small amounts of broth until mixture is moist, not soggy.
- 6. Spoon mixtured into greased 1.5 casserole dish and bake 45 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RBN1122 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sausage-Apple Stuffing Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
More Recipes for Main Dishes