This is the first stuffing I have made where the seasoning wasnt already in the mix. I really enjoyed this, I used McCormick poultry seasoning. I think that a tart apple would work well also. Be sure to use good quality sausage though!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 ounce(s) italian sausage
- 3 celery hearts diced
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) poultry seasoning
- 4 gala apples cored and chopped
- 1 cup(s) pecan halves toasted and chopped, optional
- 1 multigrain loaf, stale 1-inch cubes
- 2 cup(s) low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter softened
- 1. Preheat oven to 350.
- 2. Add sausage to preheated medium-high pan and cook, stirring until fat renders, about 4 minutes.
- 3. Immediately add celery, onion, and apples. Saute stirring occasionally until onions are translucent about 5-8 minutes. Stir in spices and remove from heat.
- 4. In large bowl toss together bread, pecans, hot sausage to blend.
- 5. Bring chicken broth to simmer in a small saucepan. Carefully pour half of broth over bread mixture, tossing to mix. Add small amounts of broth until mixture is moist, not soggy.
- 6. Spoon mixtured into greased 1.5 casserole dish and bake 45 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RBN1122 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sausage-Apple Stuffing Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables