Sausage-and-Scrambled Egg Pizza
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 20 Minutes
- 1 (13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 pound hot ground pork sausage
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
- Sour cream (optional)
- Unroll refrigerated pizza crust, and press into a lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Bake at 425° for 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from oven, and set aside.
- Brown ground sausage in a large nonstick skillet, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain and pat dry with paper towels; set aside. Wipe skillet clean.
- Whisk together eggs and seasoned pepper. Cook in a lightly greased skillet over medium heat, without stirring, until eggs begin to set on bottom. Draw a spatula across bottom of skillet to form large curds. Continue cooking until eggs are thickened but still moist. (Do not stir constantly.) Remove skillet from heat.
- Spoon and spread salsa evenly over partially baked crust; top evenly with sausage, scrambled eggs, and cheese.
- Bake at 425° for 12 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
- Note: To lighten, substitute 1 (12-ounce) package reduced-fat ground pork sausage, and prepare as directed. Substitute 1 1/2 cups egg substitute for eggs, and whisk together with seasoned pepper, 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce, and, if desired, 1/8 teaspoon salt. Cook as directed. Substitute 1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat Mexican four-cheese blend. Assemble and bake as directed. Serve with reduced-fat sour cream, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch