Big crowd pleaser. I make this to bring to others house when they have been sick or had a baby. People love it
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour
- 1/2 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 (24-oz.) jar tomato-and-basil pasta sauce
- 1 (6-oz.) package fresh baby spinach, thoroughly washed
- 1/2 cup refrigerated pesto sauce
- 1 (25-oz.) package frozen cheese-filled ravioli (do not thaw)
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Italian six-cheese blend
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Cook Italian sausage in a skillet over medium heat, stirring often, 10 minutes or until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well. Stir pasta sauce into sausage.
- 2. Chop spinach, and toss with pesto in a bowl.
- 3. Spoon one-third of sausage mixture (about 1/2 cup) into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Top with half of spinach mixture. Arrange half of ravioli in a single layer over spinach mixture. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining sausage mixture.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with shredded cheese, and bake 5 to 8 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Note: We tested with Buitoni Pesto With Basil.
- Try This Twist!
- Shrimp-and-Ravioli Lasagna: Omit Italian sausage. Substitute 1 (15-oz.) jar Alfredo sauce for pasta sauce. Stir 1/4 cup vegetable broth* into Alfredo sauce. Proceed with recipe as directed, sprinkling 1 lb. peeled, coarsely chopped cooked shrimp over first layer of ravioli. Sprinkle with 1/8 tsp. paprika before serving. Hands-on time: 20 min., Total time: 55 min.
- *Chicken broth may be substituted.
- Note: We tested with Bertolli Alfredo Sauce with Aged Parmesan Cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles