Photo: Miki Duisterhof; Styling: Stephana Bottom
Yield: Serves 8
Cost per Serving: $1.79
More From Allyou
Bake: 50 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 359
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated fat: 9g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Sodium: 632mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium fennel bulbs (about 2 1/2 lb. total), cored and chopped into 1/4-inch dice (about 4 cups)
- 1 large onion, chopped into 1/4-inch dice (about 1 cup)
- 3 large stalks celery, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 8 slices day-old bread, crusts removed, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, warm oil. Add sausage and cook, stirring to break it up, until cooked through, about 7 minutes. Remove sausage to a plate.
- 2. Melt butter in same skillet. Add fennel, onion and celery; season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are just tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in herbs and fennel seeds.
- 3. Transfer vegetable mixture to a large bowl. Add bread pieces and mix well. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Stir in broth. Mist a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and spoon in stuffing.
- 4. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake until top is golden and crispy, about 20 minutes longer. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note