Sausage and Escarole Soup
Delicious, quick and easy
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 lb sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 3 carrots peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 head escarole trimmed and chopped
- 48 ounces fat free chicken broth
- 1 can cannelli beans drained and rinsed
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- 1. Heat a large pot (not nonstick) over medium-high heat. Crumble in sausage. Cook, stirring 5 minutes, until browned, breaking apart large pieces with a wooden spoon. Remove to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- 2. Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and carrots. Cook 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, red pepper flakes and escarole. Cook stirring 2 minutes.
- 3. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to retain simmer. Cook 20 minutes. Return sausage to pot along with drained beans. Heat through. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by carolafallon and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sausage and Escarole Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews