Sausage and Egg (No Bread) Muffins
This is an easy healthy recipe that can be made ahead and frozen...the muffins can then be taken out individually and heated in the microwave...a great breakfast or brunch meal made in a muffin tin. Using pre-cooked sausage crumbles and liquid eggs (if desired) makes it super simple.
Yield: 12 servings ( Serving Size: 1 muffin )
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) Italian Sausage (or 1 Pkg precooked sausage crumbles, any flavor)
- 1 cup(s) brocolli florets (fresh or frozen, thawed)
- 8 large eggs OR 1 container (1 pint) liquid eggs
- 1/4 cup(s) milk or half and half
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fresly grated parmesan cheese as desired
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large saute pan, over medium high heat, brown Italian Sausage for about 5 minutes, or until the sausage is no longer pink.
- (If using precooked sausage crumbles, just brown lightly)
- Remove from heat and stir in brocolli. (If the florets are large, cut them up slightly)
- (If using frozen brocolli, thaw and drain...no need to precook)
- Whisk together eggs, milk, oil and baking powder. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly spray a 12 cupcake/muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Spoon out the sausage and broccoli misture evenly into each cupcake.
- Ladle the egg mixture over the sausage and broccoli.
- (Note: fill muffins almost to the top...they will not overflow). If you have any leftover egg mix, you can scramble it or cook it into a patty to make an egg sandwich.)
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 min. until set. Test with a toothpick.
- Let cool, then set each muffin in a paper cupcake holder and store in the freezer in a plastic container..Voila! Instant breakfast!
- (lightly reheat in the microwave, but don't cook)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by carokie1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sausage and Egg (No Bread) Muffins Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch
More Recipes for Main Dishes