This is EXCELLENT! I made one for my bible study group, but made it a little healthier by using egg substitute for 4 of the eggs, and baking it in a glass dish coated with cooking spray, skipping the butter. My husband liked it so much that he made another one himself to cut up and have for breakfast for the next few days. YUM!
More From Southern Living
Total: 48 Minutes
- 1 (12-oz.) package reduced-fat ground pork sausage
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded 2% reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Brown sausage in a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain and transfer to a bowl. Wipe skillet clean.
- 2. Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients until well blended.
- 3. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat; remove from heat, and pour half of egg mixture into skillet. Sprinkle with cooked sausage and cheese. Top with remaining egg mixture.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 23 to 25 minutes or until set.
For an easy side, toss together fresh spinach leaves, sliced red onions, and toasted almonds with your favorite bottled vinaigrette.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note