Sausage and artichoke bolognese
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 12 ounce(s) pork or chicken sausage
- 1/4 bunch(es) Italian parsley
- 2 tomatoes
- 6 clove(s) garlic
- 1/4 cup(s) shredded Parmesan cheese blend +2 tablespoons
- 1 can(s) French bread dough
- 3/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- 16 ounce(s) ziti pasta
- 1 jar(s) marinated artichoke hearts (12oz)
- 1 jar(s) sundried tomato pesto (8.1oz)
- 1 jar(s) roasted red peppers (12oz)
- 3/4 cup(s) pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- Bring water to boil for pasta. Chop peppers, tomatoes(2 cups), and garlic. Chop olive; set aside. Chop parsley; set aside. Remove sausage casing: cut almost in half lengthwise (butterfly); turn sausage over and peel casing away.
- 1. Preheat large saute' pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add sausage; brown 5-6 minutes, stirring to cruble sausage, or unitl no pink remains.
- 2. Cook and drain pasta following package instructions.
- 3. Stir into sausage: garlic, peppers, tomatoes, artichokes, and pesto; cook 3-4 minutes or until heated.
- 4. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in cream and olives; cook 2-3 minutes or until sauce reduces and thickens slightly.
- 5. Stir parsley and pepper into sausage mixture. Top pasta with sauce and sprinkle with cheese; serve (makes 8 servings)
- Calories (per 1/8 recipe), 510Kcal; FAT 25g; CHOL 45mg; NA+ 920mg; CARB 56g; FIBER 3g, PROTEIN 16g.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AlleneRecipes1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sausage and artichoke bolognese Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes