- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup chopped sauerkraut, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Rich Butter Frosting
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Combine 2 cups flour, cocoa, baking powder, soda, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with water, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Mix well after each addition. Dredge sauerkraut and pecans in remaining 1/2 cup flour; stir to coat well. Stir mixture into batter.
- Spoon batter into an un-greased 15- x 10- x 1-inch jellyroll pan. Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Frost with Rich Butter Frosting. Cut cake into squares to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings