Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 jar(s) saurkraut 14-16 oz
- 2 tablespoon(s) bacon grease (butter if neccessary)
- 2 tablespoon(s) onion, chopped
- salt, peper, caraway seed
- Drain and rinse sauerkraut. Rinse twice in cold water.
- Heat bacon grease in medium saucepan; saute onion until translucent.
- Add sauerkraut, salt, pepper and caraway seed plus enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then simmer 1 hour. For larger quantity, simmer 1.5 hours.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kubedoo and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sauerkraut Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables