- 5 garlic cloves, divided
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 8 (3/4-ounce) slices whole-wheat French bread
- calories 307
- fat 13.7 g
- satfat 5.9 g
- monofat 4.6 g
- polyfat 1.5 g
- protein 20 g
- carbohydrate 24 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 166 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 630 mg
- calcium 80 mg
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high. Thinly slice 4 garlic cloves; cut remaining garlic clove in half lengthwise.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shrimp; sauté 2 minutes or until almost done, stirring occasionally.
Add sliced garlic and tomatoes to pan; sauté 30 seconds or until tomatoes begin to soften.
Combine chicken stock, lemon juice, and flour, stirring well with a whisk or fork.
Add stock mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until slightly thickened.
Reduce heat to medium-low. Gradually add butter pieces, stirring constantly until butter melts before adding more. Stir in salt, pepper, and parsley, if desired.
Arrange bread on a baking sheet. Broil 1 minute on each side or until toasted.
Rub 1 side of each toast slice with cut sides of halved garlic clove. Spoon shrimp mixture over toast.
3 Ways to Riff: • Use the shrimp mixture as a sauce for a pasta toss. • Serve the shrimp mixture over brown rice, grits, or mashed potatoes. • Not into shrimp? Use chopped chicken instead.