- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (3-pound) lean beef rump roast
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 medium-size green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 4 cloves)
- 16 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons water
- calories 330
- caloriesfromfat 15 %
- fat 5.5 g
- satfat 1.8 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 32.3 g
- carbohydrate 36 g
- fiber 1.9 g
- cholesterol 65 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 250 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Place onion in bottom of a 4-quart electric slow cooker; add beef roast. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons flour, oregano, salt, and crushed red pepper over roast. Add green pepper and next 3 ingredients to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low setting 8 hours or until roast is tender.
When roast is done, cook spaghetti according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain well.
While pasta cooks, remove roast from cooker, and slice diagonally across grain; keep warm. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons flour and water, stirring until smooth; add to sauce in cooker. Cook, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Serve meat and sauce over spaghetti.
Sizes of slow cookers vary. Cut the roast in pieces to fit the shape of your slow cooker, if necessary.