After all the great reviews, I was surprised that this didn't turn out very well at all. The sauce was bland and the chicken was dry. With some serious tinkering, I think this could be saved, but there are too many other good recipes to waste that time. We won't be doing this one again.
Saucy Italian-Style Chicken Thighs
Prep: 3 minutes; Cook: 5 hours. Look for skinned chicken thighs at the supermarket. Or buy thighs with skins, and remove them yourself. When you remove the skins, you remove most of the fat..
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2 thighs and about 3/4 cup sauce)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 202
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 27.8g
- Carbohydrate: 9.6g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 109mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 526mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 12 chicken thighs (about 3 pounds), skinned
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place chicken in a 4-quart electric slow cooker. Combine tomatoes and remaining ingredients; stir well. Pour sauce over chicken. Cover with lid, and cook on high-heat setting 1 hour.
- Reduce heat setting to low; cook 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- 2 Vegetable, 3 Lean Meat
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes