- 1 pound green beans
- 1 1/2 pounds lean flank steak
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10-ounce) package Chinese noodles
- Cooking spray
- 2 1/4 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 cups thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps (about 1/2 pound mushrooms)
- 2 cups (1-inch) sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic (about 7 cloves)
- calories 516
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 17.1 g
- satfat 6.4 g
- monofat 6.9 g
- polyfat 2.5 g
- protein 33 g
- carbohydrate 57 g
- fiber 3.1 g
- cholesterol 60 mg
- iron 6.9 mg
- sodium 925 mg
- calcium 86 mg
How to Make It
Trim ends from beans; remove strings. Cut beans into 3-inch pieces. Set aside.
Trim fat from steak. Cut across grain into thin slices; cut slices in half crosswise. Combine steak and next 4 ingredients (steak through garlic); stir well. Set aside.
Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a large Dutch oven. Add beans; cook 5 minutes or until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon; place in a colander. Rinse under cold water; drain well. Set aside. Add noodles to boiling water. Cook 3 minutes; drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain; set aside.
Coat a large nonstick skillet or wok with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add steak mixture; stir-fry 5 minutes or until browned. Spoon steak mixture into a bowl; set aside. Wipe skillet clean with a paper towel.
Combine broth and next 6 ingredients (broth through pepper) in a bowl. Stir well; set aside. Heat vegetable oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining ingredients; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Return steak to pan; add beans and noodles; stir-fry 1 minute.