My Go-To pulled pork recipe. From SOUTHERN LIVING SLOW COOKER COOKBOOK. Serve pork on sandwich buns, or dressing for a baked potato. This makes lots of extra sauce, serve it as a dipping sauce for french fries.
Saucy chipotle Barbecue Pork
Southern Living Slow Cooker Cookbook
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (4 to 5 pound) boneless pork butt roast, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle spicy original barbecue sauce (KC Masterpiece)
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Baja chipotle marinade (Lawry's)
- Garnish: sliced green onions
- Rub first 3 ingredients evenly over pork. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add pork; cook 10 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- Place onion and pork in a 5 quart slow cooker. Add barbecue sauce and marinade.
- Cover and cook on high 7 hours or until pork is tender and shreds easily.
- Remove pork to a large bowl, reserving sauce; shred pork. Stir shredded pork into sauce. Serve as is, over a cheese-topped baked potato, in a sandwich, or over a green salad. Garnish, if desired. Makes 8 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AletaB and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note