I liked the way this recipe incorporated veggies into ramen, but the sauce was lacking for the amount of food that resulted. Perhaps adding more soy sauce would make it better.
Saucy Chicken with Ramen Noodles
Soy sauce blends with starchy ramen noodles to provide a smooth, tangy sauce that's perfect for the chicken, broccoli, and red bell peppers. To lower the hefty sodium content, we've used only one of the three seasoning packets that come with the noodles -- it still provides plenty of flavor.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 233
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 21.7g
- Carbohydrate: 20.3g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 44mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 282mg
- Calcium: 20mg
- 3 (3-ounce) packages chicken flavored ramen noodles
- 1 1/2 pounds skinned, boned chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 cups chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- Remove seasoning packets from noodle packages; reserve 1 packet (discard remaining seasoning packets). Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting the seasoning packets (do not drain); keep warm.
- Combine chicken and reserved seasoning packet in a medium bowl. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture; sauté 5 minutes or until done. Add broccoli and bell pepper; sauté 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in soy sauce. Combine chicken mixture and noodles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note