Very good and flavourful recipe. But I served it with Tabbouleh salad, not with rice. I prepared it for our assembly, and it seems to me that everyone liked it.
Saucy Chicken over Rice
This slow cooker chicken dish is simple, but packed with rich flavors in the white wine, chopped tomatoes and variant spices. Serve over hot cooked rice. If don't care to cook with the wine, use an equal amount of chicken broth.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 405
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 47.1g
- Carbohydrate: 28.3g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 173mg
- Iron: 4.1mg
- Sodium: 487mg
- Calcium: 49mg
- 6 skinned chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 6 skinned chicken drumsticks (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon-herb seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. Trim fat from chicken. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add half of chicken; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally. Place chicken in a 5-quart electric slow cooker. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken.
- 2. Add onion and garlic to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Add wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add tomatoes; remove from heat. Stir in Italian seasoning and next 4 ingredients (through red pepper). Pour tomato mixture over chicken in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours. Serve chicken and tomato sauce over rice.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note