- 3 cooking apples, cored and sliced (1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 ripe pears, cored and sliced (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 (3-inch) sticks cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
How to Make It
Core and slice apples and pears; place in a 5-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with lemon juice, tossing to coat well.
Combine butter and brown sugar; spoon over fruit. Add cinnamon sticks, raisins, and pecans; drizzle with maple syrup, and stir gently.
Cook, covered, on LOW 3 hours.
Combine cornstarch and water, stirring well; stir into fruit mixture.
Cook, covered, on LOW 3 hours or until fruit is tender. Remove and discard cinnamon sticks; serve over ice cream or pound cake.