- 1/2 cup Chablis
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried whole tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 dashes red pepper
How to Make It
Combine first 6 ingredients in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat 10 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/3 cup. Strain; discard vegetables and spices. Cool slightly.
Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored. Gradually stir one-fourth of hot mixture into yolks; add to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in butter, one tablespoon at a time. Stir in remaining ingredients. Serve sauce warm with beef tenderloin.