Sasha & Malia's Fav Mac and Cheese
This is Sasha and Malia Obama's Favorite Mac and Cheese Recipe - apparently. It is from Featherstone Farm, from Yumsugar.com, from Michelle Obama.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) Penne Pasta
- 1 cup(s) Milk (2% or Skim)
- 1 pound(s) Cheese (Shredded)
- 1/2 head(s) Cauliflower (in Florets)
- 1/4 cup(s) Parmesan Cheese
- 3 tablespoon(s) Parsley (Chopped)
- 2 tablespoon(s) Butter (Melted)
- 1 cup(s) Bread Crumbs
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 350 Deg F.
- Bring salted water to a boil and cook the pasta until Al Dente.
- Steam the cauliflower until soft - about 10 min. Transfer to a blender along with a few Tablespoons of the steaming liquid. Puree the cauliflower, adding more steaming liquid to thin the puree if necessary.
- In a medium to large size casserole dish, combine the pasta and hot cauliflower puree. Add the milk, both cheeses, parsley, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter and bread crumbs with your fingers until it resembles damp sand. Sprinkle across the top of the pasta mixture. Place the dish in the oven for about 20 min until the top is crispy and the sauce is bubbling.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ZacAndAmber and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sasha & Malia's Fav Mac and Cheese Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles