santiago's potato salad
This recipe was introduced to me by my sister in law. It was a great experience when I first tasted it in her home one day in New Jersey. I can still remember like it was yesterday, I couldn’t believe potato salad could taste so good! We were all preparing for a big family dinner and when I saw her with the ingredient in the kitchen I asked her what she was preparing. Come to find out, this particular potato salad runs in her family for years and originates from her grandparents of Puerto Rico. I always say, “food brings people together”. All of my fiancé’s family was there and my kids seated at the table enjoying all the variety of tastes going around. Ever since my first bite I’ve been hooked. So Whenever I have a get together at my home, I make it and of course everyone loves it and wants to know, “what’s in it?’ Ingredients consist of potatoes, red bell peppers, celery, apples, salt, pepper, Goya Sazon seasoning, Hellman’s mayonnaise, spam lunch meat in a can, and boiled eggs. The taste is so good, sweet, salty and juicy. You must try it to understand how good it is!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 bag(s) potatoes chopped
- 3 sticks celery chopped
- 3 apples peeled and chopped
- 2 red bell peppers chopped
- 2 can(s) spam lunch meat chopped
- 5 boiled eggs chopped
- 1 jar(s) Hellman's mayonaise
- 1 package(s) Goya Sazon seasoning sprinkled over and mix
- boil potatoes until soft, boil eggs, drain water and cut up both potatoes and eggs. mix up with all other ingredients. celery, apples, and red bell peppers must be chopped up too. Once all ingredients combined then put enough mayonnaise to cover everything and then sprinkle pepper, salt and the Goya Sazon then mix.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by didinwaigwe and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
santiago's potato salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables