Santa and Tree Pretzel Rods
- 4 homemade or store-bought puffed-rice-cereal marshmallow treats
- 12 pretzel rods
- 1 cup green candy melts, melted
- 1/2 cup pink candy melts, melted
- 1/2 cup white candy melts, melted
- 3 tablespoons dark cocoa candy melts, melted
- 2 tablespoons yellow sparkling sugar
- 3 tablespoons M&M's Minis, mixed colors, plus 4 red
- 4 yellow spice drops, flattened, cut into small stars
- 4 red fruit slices, halved crosswise
- 2 cups mini marshmallows, halved crosswise
- 16 mini chocolate chips
- 8 large pink heart sprinkles
- 1. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Make trees: Trim long side of rice cereal treats to form triangles. Make an indent at flat end of each treat to insert a pretzel.
- 2. Dip tips of 4 pretzels into green melts; insert each into a rice cereal treat. Place on baking sheet; chill until set, 5 minutes. Dip a cereal treat into green melts to coat. Let excess drip off; place on baking sheet and chill 5 minutes. Dip remaining pretzels in pink melts to coat 3 inches of end. Transfer to baking sheet; chill 5 minutes.
- 3. Spoon melted white and dark cocoa melts into separate ziplock bags; seal bags. Snip small corners off bags. Pipe a drizzle of dark cocoa on each pretzel near base of tree. Pipe loops of white melts over trees; sprinkle with yellow sugar. Pipe dots of melted candy and attach M&M's Minis as lights. Press spice-drop stars on top of trees. Chill until set, about 5 minutes.
- 4. Make Santas: Use icing to attach a cut fruit slice at top of pretzel as hat. Pipe white melts; attach cut marshmallows as hat trim, beard and mustache. Attach mini chocolate chips as eyes; cut red M&M's Minis in half and attach as nose. Attach pink heart décors as mouth. Chill until set, 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts