My family loves this snack mix. i'm making a second batch today! I wish I knew exactly which Brand cereals you used. One thing - the chopped pecans were too small, my husband asked me to use halves in this batch.
Santa Snack Mix
This snack mix recipe featuring crunchy cereals, sweet raisins, and spices is sure to be a family favorite during the holidays. It also doubles as a healthy snack for Santa when he's delivering presents.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour
Cool: 20 Minutes
- 4 cups toasted oat bran cereal
- 1 cup multigrain cluster cereal
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup jumbo red raisins
- Wax paper
- 1. Preheat oven to 250°. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2. Cook honey and butter together in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted and mixture is blended and smooth (about 5 minutes).
- 3. Pour honey mixture over cereal mixture, stirring to coat. Spread in a single layer on a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- 4. Bake at 250° for 55 minutes, stirring once every 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in raisins, and bake 5 more minutes. Spread immediately on wax paper; cool 20 minutes. Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Quaker Oat Bran for toasted oat bran cereal and Kashi GOLEAN Crunch for multigrain cluster cereal.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note