Santa and Reindeer Truffles
Start with store-bought truffles to make an easy, giftable Christmas treat for friends, family, or holiday visitors. Save one for Santa; we hear he likes truffles too, and certainly deserves one all to himself.
- 24 truffles (such as Ferrero Rocher or Lindt)
- 2 cups light cocoa candy melts, melted
- 3/4 cup pink candy melts, melted
- 1/2 cup white candy melts, melted
- 3 red fruit slices, halved crosswise
- 1 cup mini marshmallows, halved crosswise
- 17 brown and 4 red M&M's Minis
- 48 mini chocolate chips, tips removed
- 36 mini pretzel twists
- 1. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Dip 18 truffles in melted light cocoa candy melts; allow excess to drip off. Transfer to baking sheet. Spoon remaining melted light cocoa candy melts into a ziplock bag; seal bag
- 2. Dip remaining 6 truffles in melted pink candy melts; allow excess to drip off. Transfer to baking sheet. Refrigerate until set, about 5 minutes
- 3. Spoon melted white candy melts into a ziplock bag; seal bag. Snip very small corners from the ziplock bags that contain white and light cocoa candy melts. Pipe white candy onto the pink-coated truffles; attach half a red fruit slice to each as a hat. Attach marshmallows as the trim on each hat and as the beard and mustache. Cut 3 red M&M's Minis in half and attach 1 to each truffle as a nose. Attach the mini chocolate chips for the eyes.
- 4. Pipe small dots of light cocoa candy melts on chocolate-coated truffles; on top of the melted dots, affix pretzel twists as antlers. Add brown and remaining red M&M's Minis as noses. Pipe small bits of white candy and attach mini chocolate chips as eyes. Refrigerate truffles until set, about 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note