Santa Maria-Style Pink Beans
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) pink beans dried
- 2 slice(s) bacon diced
- 1/2 cup(s) ham diced
- 1/2 cup(s) onion diced
- 3/4 cup(s) tomato puree
- 1/4 cup(s) red chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- Pick over beans to remove dirt and small stones; cover with water and let soak overnight in a large container.
- Drain, cover with fresh water and simmer 2 hours, or until tender (pintos may need longer).
- Sauté bacon and ham until lightly browned; add to beans.
- Sauté onions in bacon fat until lightly browned.
- Add garlic and sauté a minute or two longer.
- Drain most of liquid off beans and stir in sauce. Keep warm on low heat until ready to serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChristyR93 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note