Santa Maria-style Barbecue Oakwood Grilled Rib Chops
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup garlic-infused olive or vegetable oil*
- 3 (2-pound) rib chops or ribeye steaks
- 1/3 cup salt
- 1/4 cup granulated or powdered garlic
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Combine vinegar and oil, and brush over chops. Combine salt and remaining ingredients in small bowl. Sprinkle chops with seasoning salt to taste. (Save any extra for other uses.)
- Grill chops over low- to medium-temperature coals 6 to 8 minutes. Turn chops before heat pushes juices to surface (and continue to turn using this timing method throughout cooking). After turning, baste and season lightly. Continue turning, basting, and seasoning until desired degree of doneness. Remove from fire, let rest 5 minutes. Cut against grain into 1/2-inch slices.
- *Note: If you can't find garlic-infused oil in your market, combine 1/2 cup olive oil and 4 crushed garlic cloves in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until hot but not boiling. Let cool; strain. Makes 1/2 cup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes