Santa-Maria Style Barbecue
Via Zac Efron, Parade 4/29/12, from "Born to Grill" by Cheryl Alters Jamison and Bill Jamison. (My notes are in)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup(s) salsa
- 1/4 cup(s) tomato based bbq sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) liquid from a jar of pickled jalapeños (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt (I don't add)
- ~2 pound(s) top sirloin ( I have used flat iron or flank steak)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) each salt, pepper and meat seasoning
- 1.Combine salsa-dry mustard in a bowl (or ziploc) and marinate meat for several hours
- 2. Heat grill (your choice, gas or grill. Use wood chips if using gas grill).
- 3. Wipe excess marinade from meat. (save and boil for extra sauce if desired).
- Apply meat seasoning (for lower sodium, I mix 1/8 t each onion and garlic powders, pepper, paprika, dried lemon rind and salt. Season meat with 1/2 t mix. Save rest for another use in well-sealed container).
- 4. Grill steak over medium, usually 25-30 minutes (depending on type of meat). For medium-rare , the temperature should be 145 degrees F.
- 5. Let meat rest for 5-10 minutes. Slice very thin. Serve with ranch-style beans and bread.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SKMealer and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Santa-Maria Style Barbecue Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes