Santa-Maria Style Barbecue
Community Recipe from
- 3/4 cup(s) salsa
- 1/4 cup(s) tomato based bbq sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) liquid from a jar of pickled jalapeños (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt (I don't add)
- ~2 pound(s) top sirloin ( I have used flat iron or flank steak)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) each salt, pepper and meat seasoning
- 1.Combine salsa-dry mustard in a bowl (or ziploc) and marinate meat for several hours
- 2. Heat grill (your choice, gas or grill. Use wood chips if using gas grill).
- 3. Wipe excess marinade from meat. (save and boil for extra sauce if desired).
- Apply meat seasoning (for lower sodium, I mix 1/8 t each onion and garlic powders, pepper, paprika, dried lemon rind and salt. Season meat with 1/2 t mix. Save rest for another use in well-sealed container).
- 4. Grill steak over medium, usually 25-30 minutes (depending on type of meat). For medium-rare , the temperature should be 145 degrees F.
- 5. Let meat rest for 5-10 minutes. Slice very thin. Serve with ranch-style beans and bread.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SKMealer and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Santa-Maria Style Barbecue Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes