I found the chipotle peppers in abodo and the fresh cilantro in this this slaw too overpowering. In the future, I might just use a can of Mexican or hot diced tomatoes instead of those two previously mentioned ingredients as I do like kick/heat.
Santa Fe Slaw
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Randy Mon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 159
- Calories from fat: 57%
- Protein: 3.2g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Sodium: 162mg
- Cholesterol: 9.6mg
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups torn spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 cups (8 oz.) shredded jicama
- 2 green onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cabbage, spinach, jicama, green onions, corn, tomatoes, and cilantro.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, chiles, and lime juice. Pour dressing over slaw mixture and stir until combined. Season to taste with salt.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables