I loved this recipe. Hubby enjoyed it very much. Simple, quick and tasty. Will be making it again! :)
Santa Fe Grilled Chicken Soft Tacos
Photo: Andrew McCaul; Styling: Lynn Miller
More From Allyou
Marinate: 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 198
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 19g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 42mg
- Sodium: 285mg
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and pounded thin (about 4 large breasts)
- 16 taco-size soft flour tortillas
- 1. In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, paprika, red pepper, salt, pepper and brown sugar. Stir in oil; mixture will be moistened but crumbly.
- 2. Generously rub chicken on all sides with chili mixture. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to marinate (or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day).
- 3. Preheat gas grill to medium, or preheat broiler to high and set rack 6 to 8 inches from source of heat. Grill or broil chicken until firm, about 5 minutes per side. Let cool for 5 minutes, then cut into thin strips.
- 4. Warm tortillas as package label directs. Serve chicken with tortillas.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes