Santa Fe Grilled Chicken
Lime juice adds tanginess to the chicken and jalapeño pepper adds heat to the fresh tomato salsa.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and about 1/2 cup tomato mixture)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 240
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 40.4g
- Carbohydrate: 8g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 266mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 3/4 cups diced plum tomato (about 3/4 pound)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1. Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/2-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; place in a shallow dish.
- 2. Combine lime juice and olive oil in a small bowl; stir well, and pour over chicken. Cover chicken, and marinate in refrigerator 3 hours, turning occasionally.
- 3. Combine tomato and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and chill thoroughly.
- 4. Prepare grill.
- 5. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cover and grill 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with chilled tomato mixture.
- carbo rating: 7
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note