- 4 cups fresh corn kernels (from about 6 ears), divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- About 1 tsp. coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted green chiles (see Notes)
- 1 cup crushed buttery salted crackers (such as Ritz Crackers or Carr's Croissant Crackers, crumbled), divided
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey jack cheese or pepper jack cheese
- calories 288
- caloriesfromfat 59 %
- protein 8.7 g
- fat 19 g
- satfat 10 g
- carbohydrate 24 g
- fiber 2.5 g
- sodium 427 mg
- cholesterol 107 mg
How to Make It
Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease a 2-qt. baking dish.
Put 1 3/4 cups corn kernels in bowl of a food processor. Pulse until mixture is puréed but still a bit chunky, about 5 pulses. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, and 1 tsp. salt. Add whole and puréed corn kernels, green chiles, 1/4 cup crackers, and 3 tbsp. melted butter. Stir to combine. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish and scatter cheese over top.
In a small bowl, mix together remaining 3/4 cup cracker crumbs and 1 tbsp. melted butter. Sprinkle over cheese.
Bake pudding 45 to 50 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown. The edges should be a bit crusty and the center still a little jiggly. Serve hot.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.