Made these today. Wonderful flavor but could use a little more heat. Paired these with the Pork Carnitas and it made for a easy filling meal. Hubby loved them and I'll be saving this recipe!
Santa Fe Black Beans
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 165
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 9.8g
- Carbohydrate: 23.1g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 347mg
- Calcium: 9mg
- 1 (1-pound) package dried black beans
- 3 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups finely chopped onion (about 1 large)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 ounces crumbled queso fresco (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup unsalted pumpkinseed kernels
- 1. Sort and wash beans; place in a large Dutch oven. Cover with water to 2 inches above beans; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes; remove from heat. Cover and let stand 1 hour. Drain beans.
- 2. Place beans in a 3-quart electric slow cooker. Stir in chicken broth and next 4 ingredients (through garlic). Cover and cook on LOW for 10 hours or until beans are tender.
- 3. Stir in lime juice. Mash bean mixture with a potato masher until slightly thick. Sprinkle with queso fresco, cilantro, and pumpkinseed kernels.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables