Sangrita de Toro
Photo: Alex Farnum
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 154
- Calories from fat: 2%
- Protein: 1.1g
- Fat: 0.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 7g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Sodium: 1022mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground arbol chiles* plus 1 whole arbol chile, crushed slightly with a mallet
- 1 lime wedge plus 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 1/2 ounces (3 tbsp.) 100 percent tequila blanco, such as Patrón or Herradura
- 3 ounces (6 tbsp.) Bloody Mary mix
- 3 dashes hot sauce, such as Tapatío
- 1. Combine salt and ground chiles on a small plate. Rub the rim of a chilled 12-oz. glass with lime wedge, then dip in salt mixture.
- 2. Fill a cocktail shaker three-quarters full with ice. Add lime juice, tequila, Bloody Mary mix, and hot sauce and shake until cold. Pour ice mixture into glass and garnish with whole chile. For a thinner cocktail, let it sit on ice about 5 minutes.
- *Find arbol chiles at Latino markets. Grind about 2 minutes in a clean spice grinder.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages