- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground arbol chiles* plus 1 whole arbol chile, crushed slightly with a mallet
- 1 lime wedge plus 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 1/2 ounces (3 tbsp.) 100 percent tequila blanco, such as Patrón or Herradura
- 3 ounces (6 tbsp.) Bloody Mary mix
- 3 dashes hot sauce, such as Tapatío
- calories 154
- caloriesfromfat 2 %
- protein 1.1 g
- fat 0.4 g
- satfat 0.1 g
- carbohydrate 7 g
- fiber 1.8 g
- sodium 1022 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Combine salt and ground chiles on a small plate. Rub the rim of a chilled 12-oz. glass with lime wedge, then dip in salt mixture.
Fill a cocktail shaker three-quarters full with ice. Add lime juice, tequila, Bloody Mary mix, and hot sauce and shake until cold. Pour ice mixture into glass and garnish with whole chile. For a thinner cocktail, let it sit on ice about 5 minutes.
*Find arbol chiles at Latino markets. Grind about 2 minutes in a clean spice grinder.