Sangria Roast Pork
Photo: Ray Kachatorian; Styling: Heather Chadduck
- 1 1/2 cups kosher salt
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup chopped ginger
- 2 Granny Smith apples, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 (8-pound) bone-in pork shoulder roast (also called
- Bring first 9 ingredients to a boil in an 8-quart stock pot with 1 gallon plus 1 quart water. Remove from heat, and cool brine completely. Submerge pork in 10 cups of brine plus solids; cover and chill 12 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Rinse pork, and place on wire rack in a roasting pan. Cover with foil, and bake 2 hours; uncover and bake an additional 3 hours or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 190°. Tent with aluminum foil, and let stand 30 minutes at room temperature before slicing and serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This