Sangria Fruit Soup
Notes: Use a combination of berries such as sliced strawberries and whole blackberries and blueberries. Garnished with mint sprigs.
Yield: Makes 5 cups; 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 257
- Calories from fat: 2.5%
- Protein: 1.3g
- Fat: 0.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 49g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Sodium: 12mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup orange-flavor liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups mixed berries (see notes)
- 1/2 cup diced cantaloupe or honeydew melon
- 1. In a 2- to 3-quart pan, combine wine, 1 cup water, sugar, and lemon juice. Boil over high heat, stirring occasionally, until reduced to 1 1/4 cups, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 2. Remove from heat and stir in liqueur, vanilla, berries, and cantaloupe.
- 3. Nest pan in a bowl of ice and stir often until cool, about 10 minutes.
- 4. Ladle soup into bowls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts