Served this with New Year's Dinner. Everyone loved it! It was light enough to have a few, but also very tasty! Followed the recipe exactly as written. Used just cheap dry red wine. Can't wait for summer so we can try the white version!
More From Southern Living
Stand: 10 Minutes
Chill: 4 Hours
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 (750-milliliter) bottles dry red wine
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup peach nectar*
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 2 to 3 cups club soda, chilled
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1. Bring sugar and 1 1/4 cups water to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, and let stand 10 minutes.
- 2. Combine sugar mixture, red wine, and next 3 ingredients in a large container; cover and chill 4 hours. Stir in club soda and next 4 ingredients just before serving. Serve over ice, if desired.
- *1/2 cup orange juice may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Columbia Crest Two Vines Merlot for dry red wine and Grand Marnier for orange liqueur.
- Sangría Blanco: Omit orange juice and peach nectar. Substitute dry white wine for red wine, lemon-lime soft drink for club soda, and 1 pt. fresh strawberries for 1 Granny Smith apple. Increase orange liqueur to 1 cup, 1 lemon to 2, 1 lime to 2, and 1 orange to 2. Prepare recipe as directed, stirring in 3/4 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves with wine in Step 2.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note