I have been making these since first published. My daughter asks for them every year. They are easy and delicious. Depending on size, they sometimes take more than 12-14minutes. I think one year I even made them round, and they were just wonderful. They are similar to wedding cookies.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon ice water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Powdered sugar
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add flour and next 4 ingredients, beating well. Stir in pecans.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls; roll out to 3-inch logs. Shape into crescents, and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire racks. Dredge cookies in powdered sugar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This