San Francisco Chops
- 4 pork chops (1in thick & 8oz each)
- 2 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/4 cup(s) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) red wine
- 2 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon(s) cold water
- hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil; transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add garlic to drippings; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the soy sauce, wine, brown sugar and pepper flakes; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over chops.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Remove chops. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into slow cooker. Return chops to slow cooker. Cover and cook for at least 30 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with rice.
- Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cramsham and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
San Francisco Chops Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes