Photo: Tina Evans
- 1/2 cup dried lentils
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 9 egg roll wrappers
- Vegetable oil
- 1 (9-ounce) jar mango chutney
- Cook lentils according to package directions, adding garlic and next 6 ingredients; drain. Stir in cilantro.
- Cut each wrapper into 4 squares; spoon about 1 teaspoon lentil mixture on half of each square. Moisten edges with water, and fold in half diagonally, pressing edges with a fork to seal.
- Pour oil to depth of 1 inch into a large skillet or Dutch oven; heat to 375°. Fry, 3 at a time, 30 seconds or until golden, turning once, and drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with mango chutney.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers