- 1/4 cup seeded dried hot red chilies
- 1/2 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced dried shrimp (or 1 teaspoon anchovy paste)
- 1/4 cup minced seeded fresh hot red chilies
- 2 teaspoons salad oil
- 3 tablespoons liquid tamarind concentrate (or lime juice)
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Soak dried chilies in 1/4 cup hot water until soft, about 10 minutes. Whirl mixture in blender until smooth.
- 2. In a 10-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, stir bell pepper, onion, garlic, dried shrimp, and fresh chilies in salad oil until vegetables are limp, about 3 minutes.
- 3. Stir in dried chili mixture, tamarind concentrate, brown sugar, and salt; cook 2 to 3 more minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments