Sambal Chicken Skewers
recipe from Kiley.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup(s) unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup(s) hot chili paste (sambal oelek)
- 1/4 cup(s) fish sauce (nam pla or nusc ham)
- 1/4 cup(s) Sriracha
- 2 teaspoon(s) ginger finely grated & peeled
- 1 1/2 pound(s) skinless, boneless chicken thighs cut into 1 1/2 - 2 in pieces
- bamboo skewers
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Whisk brown sugar, vinegar, chili paste, fish paste, Sriracha, & ginger in a large bowl. Add chicken & toss to coat. Thread 5 - 7 chicken pieces onto each skewer.
- Transfer marinade to small saucepan. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer until reduced by half (about 1 Cup); roughly 7 - 10 minutes.
- Grill chicken, turning and basting often with reduced marinade, until cooked through. About 8 - 10 minutes.
- Serve with grilled veggies.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Adrienne5280 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note