Delicious, simple and very moist. Great without icing and with icecream!
Sam's Moist Chocolate Cake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) cocoa
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) boiling water
- 1. Preheat Oven to 300° F. (This is not a typo! This is a slow bake chocolate cake recipe.)
- 2. Use Crisco shortening to lightly grease and flour the 9 x 13 in. baking dish.
- (It's a one layer chocolate cake!)
- 3. Place all the ingredients into a mixing bowl except the eggs.
- 4. Mix at medium or medium high speed until all ingredients are blended and smooth. Add eggs and combine.
- 5. Pour into greased and floured baking dish.
- 6. Bake for 1 hr. (Cupcakes 20 min.)
- 7. Test by sticking in the middle with a knife. If it comes out clean... it's done!
- 8. Allow to cool.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Louwynd and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note