This recipe is a for sure keeper as it is excellent for the ease of preparation, the taste of the chocolates/salt combination, and itâs presentation!
Salty Chocolate-Pecan Candy
Sweet, salty and crunchy all combine in this easy 4-ingredient chocolate candy recipe that's perfect for gift-giving and entertaining. Note that this candy will soften slightly while at room temperature if you're planning to give some as a gift.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 15 Minutes
Chill: 1 Hour
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3 (4-oz.) bars bittersweet chocolate baking bars
- 3 (4-oz.) white chocolate baking bars
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt*
- 1. Place pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted.
- 3. Line a 17- x 12-inch jelly-roll pan with parchment paper. Break each chocolate bar into 8 equal pieces. (You will have 48 pieces total.) Arrange in a checkerboard pattern in jelly-roll pan, alternating white and dark chocolate. (Pieces will touch.)
- 4. Bake at 225° for 5 minutes or just until chocolate is melted. Remove pan to a wire rack. Swirl chocolates into a marble pattern using a wooden pick. Sprinkle evenly with toasted pecans and salt.
- 5. Chill 1 hour or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 month.
- *3/4 tsp. kosher salt may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bars and Ghirardelli White Chocolate Baking Bars.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note