Salty Chocolate Nutella Thumbprints (Bonnie)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 1 cup(s) plus 1 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 2 stick(s) unsalted butter at very soft room temp
- 1 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) sugar for finishing
- 2 egg yolks, large
- 2 tablespoon(s) heavy cream
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 350 . Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- whisk together the flour, cocoa powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Combine the butter and the 1 1/3 cips of sugar in the bowl. Beat for 2 minutes on low til fluffy, then add egg yolks, cream and vanilla extract; beat on low til combined. Add flour mixture and beat til just incorporated.
- Place the remaining cup of sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Scoop 30-35 heaping tablespoons of dough onto the baking sheets. shape each mound of dough into aball, then roll in sugar to coat. space the balls 2 inches apart on the baking sheets, then use your thumb to make an indentation in the top of each cookie, gently flattening the cookies a bit as you work.
- Bake on sheet at a time for 10 minutes or til the edges and are just set, the tops of the cookies will be soft. (if the indentationsn have lost definition, press the centers again after you remove the cookies from the oven) Transfer the baking sheet to a wire rack to cool. ipe or spoon Nutella into the center of each cookie while the cookies are still slightly warm. Serve or stor once the nutella centers have slightly set. 4 points plus points.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by lucykadoodle and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Salty Chocolate Nutella Thumbprints (Bonnie) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies