This is so bad. Why do u put crackers on it? I wasted my sugar on this nasty candy
Saltine Toffee Bars
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 stick(s) butter
- 1 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 2 cup(s) chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 sleeves of saltine crackers
- Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with a nonstick cooking spray
- Arrange crackers in a single layer on the baking sheet (leaving no spaces). Crush any remaining crackers into small crumbs and set aside.
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan overe medium-high heat. Stir while butter melts and bring mixture to a rolling boil. Carefully pour the sugar-butter mixture over the crackers on the baking sheet (trying to cover most of the crackers). Toffee spreads while baking in oven.
- Bake at 350 until the toffee is bubbling all over (5 min). Remove from oven and allow to cool for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the hot toffee and allow to sit for 1 minute to soften. Use an offset spatula to spread the melted chocolate over the entire surface of the toffee in an even layer. Sprinkle the top with crushed crackers or other topping while chocolate is still sticky.
- Refrigerate the pan to set the toffee for about 30 min. Break into small, uneven pieces by hand once set.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Chasman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note